Chemical Bonding is one of the most important topic in Chemistry. In my opinion, students must have a good grasp of this topic in order to perform well in their examinations. This is because almost all other topics in Chemistry will be inter-related back to this fundamental topic.
The reasons given by students who do not score well for this particular topic are usually the following:
- they are confused by the different types of bonding and the particles & forces of attraction involved
- they understand the concepts but did not give the correct keywords in exam
- they are unable to apply the basic concepts to solve application type of questions
Today, i will be sharing with you a video on the 3 Types of Chemical Bonding which are:
- Ionic Bonding which results when electrons are transferred from one atom to another, forming positive and negative ions.
- Covalent Bonding which results when atoms are joined together by sharing electrons, forming molecules.
- Metallic Bonding which is found only in metals.
Through the video, you will know the difference between the 3 Types of Bonding and the keywords associated with it. You will also learn the Types of Structures formed from their respective bonds and the Physical Properties of these structures.
Download Chemical Bonding Summary here.
Subscribe to my blog to receive 2 updates per month sent to your email!
Direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX3bR4_d3EE
I hope you find the content easy for your understanding and if you have any questions, leave me a comment below.
Feel free to share this video with your friends who needs help in mastering Chemistry.
PS: Under related articles below, there are several blog post discussions and questions related to Chemical Bonding. You can also do a keyword search using the sidebar at the top right hand corner.
- O-Level Chemistry Video: Writing Chemical Formulae of Ionic Compounds and Covalent Substances
- O-Level Chemistry: Questions on Chemical Bondings
- O-Level Chemistry Video: Energy Changes – Exothermic and Endothermic Reactions
- O Level Chemistry: Question on Chemical Bonding
- O-Level Chemistry Video: Isotopes