We have learned about balancing chemical equations as well as assigning of state symbols.
Let’s look at some examination questions and my suggested solutions.
Q) Write balanced chemical equations for each of the following reactions. Include the State Symbols.
(a) calcium + chlorine –> calcium chloride
(b) hydrogen + nitrogen –> ammonia
(c) ethane (C2H6) + oxygen –> carbon dioxide + water
My Suggested Answer:
(a) Ca(s) + Cl2(g) –> CaCl2(aq)
(b) 3H2(g) + N2(g) –> 2NH3(g)
(c) 2C2H6(g) + 7O2(g) –> 4CO2(g) + 6H2O(l)
- O-Level Chemistry: Assigning State Symbols in Chemical Equations
- O Levels Chemistry Questions – Mole Calculations / Mole Concepts
- O Level Chemistry Question: Chemical Bonding & Structural Properties
- O Levels Chemistry – Selected Exam Questions
- O-Level Chemistry: 5 Rules to Assign Oxidation States (Redox Reactions)