For Singapore students taking the O Level Chemistry Examination, your Paper 2 (Written Exam on Chemistry Theory) will be in 14 days time. For the next 2 weeks, i will be sharing with you on specific tips and strategies on how to Revise for your O Level Chemistry Exam and Score your As!
The O Level Chemistry Examination not only tests the number of chemical facts and definitions you have remembered, but also if you know how to apply the chemistry concepts and solve application problems.
About 30% of the marks are given for recall of facts and definitions, the rest are for understanding and applications of chemistry concepts.
Following are?Skills required to?DO WELL?in O Level Chemistry Exam:
- Knowledge of DEFINITIONS, CHEMICAL FORMULAE, UNITS & SYMBOLS
- Knowledge of CHEMISTRY CONCEPTS such as Reactivity Series of Metals & Its Applications
- Knowledge of FACTS such as Uses of Petroleum Fractions
- Knowledge of OBSERVATIONS that occurs in many experiments
- Ability to use FLOW-CHARTS to solve questions related to Qualitative Analysis
- Ability to SKETCH, PLOT and INTERPRET graphs and diagrams
- Knowledge of the SOCIAL, ECONOMIC and ENVIRONMENTAL ASPECTS of Chemistry such as effects of pollutions
- Ability to use CHEMICAL CALCUALTIONS to solve problems related to Mole Concepts and Chemical Reactions
As you can see, a large part of the marks will come from Definitions and essential Chemistry Concepts. You will?DO WELL if you know all the above points..
But if you are looking for a QUICK FIX to get you the As that you truly deserve, then you would need to know exactly what the examiners are asking you so that you know how to answer accordingly to score FULL MARKS.
I am currently busy writing the finishing touches to a new book called “Up Your Chemistry Grades Now!”.
How do you like the idea of scoring the marks you truly deserve by knowing what examiners are looking out for? Yes! It is exactly what this book is for.
For now, I would like to invite you (especially the graduating students)?to take a peep at some of the main highlights of the book which include:
– Gloosary of terms & KEY DEFINITIONS you?need to know
– Examination tips and strategies
– Common Errors Made by Most Students and How to Avoid them
– Tips and Strategies of studying for killer topics
This Introductory section is ready now! I am certain you will love this!
To get hold of this Introductory section, simply go to this url
(I am only limiting to 100 copies, so act fast!)
PS: For the Graduating Students taking exams in 2 weeks time – i have decided to launch the book in these few days so that you can benefit from it, do come back to this website to get hold of this precious book.
- Chemistry Tips: How to Revise for your GCE ‘O’ Level Chemistry Exams
- O Level Chemistry – Strategies to Predict Products of Electrolysis for Aqueuous Solutions
- Up Your Chemistry Grades Now! – Truth & Myth
- Official Launch “Up Your Chemistry Grades Now!” on 7th Oct 08
- Up Your Chemistry Grades Now! ebook – Latest Updates