In the chapter on Redox Reactions, the most common errors that are made by students are on Oxidising & Reducing Agents.
Let’s take a look at these agents.
Do note again that Oxidising Agents are substances that Oxidise another substance & Reducing Agents are substances that Reduces another substance.
If you are still not sure about the above, always remember this analogy:
Agents always help another party
i.e. Property Agents – help another party to get property
i.e. Insurance Agents – help another party to get insurance coverage
i.e. Oxidising Agents – help another substance to get oxidised
i.e. Reducing Agents – help another substance to get reduced
and in the process of helping another substance, they themselves are changed in the opposite way.
i.e. Oxidising Agents – are reduced @ end of redox reactions
i.e. Reducing Agents – are oxidised @ end of redox reactions
- O-Level Chemistry: Tests for Oxidising Agents and Reducing Agents
- O-Level Chemistry: Redox Reactions (Reduction & Oxidation) ? Oxygen Atoms
- O-Level Chemistry: Redox Reactions (Reduction & Oxidation) – Hydrogen Atoms
- O Level Chemistry – Definition of Redox
- O-Level Chemistry: 4 Ways to Identify A Redox Reaction (Oxidation & Reduction)