In the previous blgopost we have discussed on 3 MCQ questions on Organic Chemistry that came out in 2008 GCE O Levels Chemistry Exams. Let’s continue with the rest of the MCQ questions that are related to Organic Chemistry.
Question 1: under sub-topic “Carboxylic Acids”
The reaction between a carboxylic acid, CxHyCO2H, and an alcohol, CnH2n+1OH, produces an ester.
How many hydrogen atoms does one molecule of the ester contain?
A.? y + 2n
B.? y + 2n + 1
C.? y + 2n + 2
D.? y + 2n + 3
PS: Tricky question that ALL Pure Chemistry students must know how to answer
Question 2: under sub-topic “Carboxylic Acids”
The diagram below shows the structure of ethanoic acid, a carboxylic acid.
How many moles of ethanoic acid react with one mole of magnesium?
Question 3: under sub-topic “Alkenes”
The molecular structure of three hydrocarbons are shown below.
Which statement about these hydrocarbons is correct?
A.? All three hydrocarbons are isomers of propene
B.? R is a branched alkene
C.? S is but-1-ene
D.? T is an isomer of butene
PS: Do attempt the questions and leave your answers & suggested reasoning in the ?Leave A Reply? section below
PPS: If you would like more Tips, Notes and Questions on Organic Chemistry, please check out the archives (older blogposts) by CLICKING HERE
- More Error in Marshall Cavendish GCE O-Level Chemistry Matters Textbook – Part 2
- O Levels Chemistry Tips Blog Marathon – Day 3
- O Level Chemistry: Acids,Bases & Salts / Organic Chemistry
- O Level Chemistry: Organic Chemistry – Addition Reaction
- O Levels Chemistry Questions – Organic Chemistry (Carboxylic Acids & Alcohols)